We’re proud of the clients we support with straight-talking, strategic accounting, payroll and tax advice across Huddersfield an beyond. So let us introduce you to some of them.
This week it’s the turn of the John Smith’s Stadium.
1) Name and job title
Gareth Davies, Managing Director at The John Smith’s Stadium.
2) Tell us what your business does as though you were describing it to your Grandma
We are the home of Huddersfield Town and Huddersfield Giants, we have concerts and we run conferences and events year round.
3) How long have you been in business and what’s your proudest achievement in that time?
I’ve been in business for 28 years. My proudest achievement has been growing to 1.5 million footfall p.a. here at the stadium. Oh, and being in Kelly Holmes and Iestyn Harris’ autobiographies!
4) Who are your main customers and what does your business or product help them to achieve or do better?
You could say that our main customers are the two clubs and that, ultimately, the number one thing we do for them is deliver a perfect pitch. Preparation for each club varies slightly, literally down to how many millimetres long the grass is!
5) What do you think is the difference that makes your business special compared to the competition?
As a conference and events venue we obviously have competitors, but no one else is home to our two great clubs.
6) In what way does support from Revell Ward enable you to run your business more effectively?
Revell Wards’ auditing skills are unquestioned, but the real difference is the informed consultancy they can provide beyond that, based on a deep and longstanding understanding of our business.
7) What one thing do you value most about the advice and support Revell Ward gives you?
The personal approach and the fact that I know they really do care.
8) If you had to summarise Revell Ward in three words, what would they be?
Professional, committed, approachable!