We’re proud of the clients we support with straight-talking, strategic accounting, payroll and tax advice across Huddersfield an beyond. So let us introduce you to some of them.
This week it’s the turn of Huddersfield Giants Community Trust.
1) Name and job title
Lisa Darwin, Chief Executive Officer at Huddersfield Giants Community Trust
2) Tell us what your business does as though you were describing it to your Grandma
Huddersfield Giants Community Trust is a non-profit charity delivering sports and education-based initiatives into the community. Our home is The Zone (which we know more people will be familiar with)!
3) How long have you been in business and what’s your proudest achievement in that time?
I have been in business for 34 years, but I’ve always worked locally. My proudest achievement would be that the charity is now in a position where it is recognised in its own right as an official charity.
On a personal, I have continually worked hard alongside being diagnosed with chronic renal failure when I was 19, and have been living with a successful kidney transplant since. This year will be my kidney’s 19th birthday!
4) Who are your main customers and what does your business or product help them to achieve or do better?
Our main customers are our community as we interact with all ages, all abilities and all walks of life in Huddersfield and beyond.
5) What do you think is the difference that makes your business special compared to your competitors?
Although we are a charity, we have a business arm which is our home, The Zone (which most people will be very familiar with). Unlike others, we are a charity who are passionate about raising funds for intervention rather than prevention.
6) In what way does support from Revell Ward enable you to run your business more effectively?
Revell Wards’ auditing skills are undisputed. They have been 100% reliable and honest with any of our consultancy needs. The real difference is the investment and understanding of our business from day one.
7) What’s the thing you value the most about the advice and support Revell Ward gives you?
We value Revell Ward’s involvement with our charity from day one, they know exactly what we are about and can always provide honest and reliable support.
8) If you had to summarise Revell Ward in 3 words, what would they be?
Professional, supportive and trustworthy!