We, here at Revell Ward, think that this programme is extremely valuable and it would be a fantastic step to take to springboard your business to the next level. This programme is a great, free, starting point to grow your small business.
This programme is fully funded by the Goldman Sachs Foundation as with any programme of this nature you need to commit your time. Remember what you put in is what you get out. Good luck with your application.
The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses UK programme is designed to provide high-quality; practical education and business support to leaders of high-growth small businesses and social enterprises, these enterprises play a vital role in creating jobs and driving economic growth in the United Kingdom.
As with any funded programme there are a number of criteria, however, let’s take a look at what’s on offer and if you want to commit.
There are 10 modules and the time commitment is approximately 100 hours.
The core modules are run over a six month period.
Module 1 (two days) – You and Your Business
Module 2 (one day) – Growth and Opportunities
Module 3 (one day) – Money and Metrics
Module 4 (one day) – You are the Leader
Module 5 (one day) – It’s the People
Module 6 (one day) – Sales and Marketing
Module 7 (one day) – Good Business
Module 8 (one day) – Strategic Growth
Module 9 (one day) – Finance for Growth
Module 10 (two days) – Putting it all Together
In addition to these core modules you will have access to:
- Specialist Workshops
- One to One Business Advice
- Access to Capital
- Alumni Services
- Networking, Peer Learning and Exchange
During the course of the programme you will develop a customised Growth Plan to direct your organisation’s business strategy and expansion.
The program is offered on a fully funded basis to small businesses and social enterprise leaders, who desire to grow their businesses, create local employment and have scalable business models. This programme is not intended for start-up businesses, sole traders or businesses that are not seeking to grow.
The following eligibility criteria also apply:
- The applicant must be the primary owner / co-owner of the business, or the most senior decision-maker if the business is not limited by shares
- The business must have been operating for at least one year and will generally have between five and 40 employees
- Social enterprise applicants must be commercially operated businesses that achieve their social purpose through trading rather than grant funding
- The business must be scalable and capable of generating additional local employment
- Applicants should not have extensive recent management education
- Preference will be given to those businesses operating in or on behalf of disadvantaged communities or regeneration areas.
The delivery partners are listed below and you can apply to the University that is nearest to you.
Leeds University Business School
0113 344 3924 / firstname.lastname@example.org
University College London (UCL)
You will be required to upload:
- Recent CV or a short business biography
- Verification of business financial information – Full set of audited financial statements (or annual report accounts) for the most recent financial year for which these are available
- Verification of business financial information – Latest management accounts for the current financial year and for the previous financial year (if audited financial statements provided do not relate to the previous financial year)
- Verification of your business as a legal entity – one of the following:
- a. Certificate of incorporation
- b. Certificate of trade
- c. Certificate of good standing
- d. Extract from a company register
- e. Trust Deed Partnership agreement
- Proof of Identification, one of the following:
- a. Passport
- b. Driving Licence with Photograph
- c. Birth Certificate
- Proof of your current residential address, one of the following:
- a. Utility bill
- b. Bank statement
- c. Or a document stating your name and your current address. If you provide your driving licence as proof of identification, in section five, you must not provide it as proof of your current residential address in section six.
The application closing date is 27 June 2014. Good luck.
The website – http://www.goldmansachs.com/citizenship/10000-small-businesses/UK/
The brochure – http://www.goldmansachs.com/citizenship/10000-small-businesses/UK/10000-small-businesses-newcontent/10ksb-uk-brochure.pdf